This Keto Creamy Chicken & Spinach Dip may be one of the creamiest dips I’ve created! With the spinach, cheeses, and tender chicken, this dip will definitely melt in your mouth! It’s not only creamy, but very savory and flavorful as well. You’ll know chicken is involved, but you’ll barely notice spinach is incorporated. Mostly, cream cheese, sour cream, and asiago stand out of the stars in the dish, vs. the spinach. However, there’s actually 4 whole cups – making it quite a healthy dish!
What are the macros?
I love how filling this dip is! Based on 3 servings, the macros include 70.7% fat, 26.6% protein, and just 2.8% carbs. The chicken is cooked in butter, so it’s flavorful and perfectly browned. After cooking, everything is simply mixed and baked for a total of about 15 minutes (with an optional broil included). It’s really that easy!
What sides can I include?
Perfect sides or methods of dipping for this dish include pork rinds, celery, cucumber, or really just about any other keto-friendly vegetable that comes to mind. Because the carbs are pretty low per serving, you can feel free to incorporate sides to your preferences without much of a carb impact. Personally, with dips like these, I find that simply eating them with spoons also works out pretty well! Hope you enjoy!
Keto Creamy Chicken & Spinach Dip
- 16 oz Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups Frozen Spinach (1 12 oz Bag)
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Aged Asiago Cheese
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 medium Green Onions - Topping Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a 5.5 qt dutch oven, or a large oven-safe skillet (such as cast iron), melt your butter over medium-high heat. Season your chicken with half of your total salt and pepper.
- For crispy chicken: place your chicken in your skillet/dutch oven, without any of the pieces touching. Let the chicken cook for about 6 minutes, without moving it at all. Flip the chicken pieces over and allow them to cook for another 6 minutes. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked via it reaching a temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C. Once cooked, set aside. Turn off your heat.
- Microwave your frozen spinach bag, according to package's instructions.
- Scrape up all of the chicken pieces from the bottom of your skillet/dutch, to gain all of the flavor. Add your spinach, cream cheese, and sour cream to dutch oven/skillet. Add all of your spices: remaining salt and pepper, garlic, red pepper, and rosemary. Mix together.
- Once chicken is cooled, cut your chicken into bite size pieces and add it to dutch oven/skillet as well. Mix in.
- Cover your dip with a lid and bake for 8 minutes. Once baked, stir your dip.
- Add your asiago cheese to the top of the dip. Cover with lid again. Bake for another 7 minutes. Optionally: you can broil for 3-4 minutes, if preferred to have a crispier topping.
- Feel free to garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!