If you’ve never had cake mix cookies, you should make these right away! These Keto Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with Frosting are packed with plenty of chocolate and a maple flavoring. The frosting is a cream cheese maple frosting. The cookies have a crispy exterior, with an extremely soft (and cake like) interior. These cookies are airy, sweet, and addictive! You’ll want to grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Fortunately, these cookies are so easy to make. You simply need to combine the cake box mix, oil, eggs, and maple extract. After that, you simply need to create your glaze, including cream cheese, maple extract, water, and powdered swerve. Overall, you are only looking at 8 ingredients to make these delightful cookies. Technically, if you don’t count the water, just 7!
If you’ve never worked with Swerve products, I recommend you give their cake mix a try. I am actually surprised that a keto cake mix even exists! You can find the product here:
I also used the Swerve sweetener (erythritol), as I find it doesn’t impact blood sugars. In fact, based on the nutrition information provided, I completely excluded erythritol from the amounts.
(This post is not sponsored. I just love working with and creating new keto recipes for all of you!)
I hope you give these cookies a try soon and you enjoy them!
Keto Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with Frosting
- 1 box Swerve Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Maple Extract
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 tbsp Maple Extract
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners (powdered)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk your oil, eggs, and extract together.
- Add your chocolate cake mix to the bowl; mix until combined. Freeze your cookie dough for 15 minutes.
- Form 10 cookies. Bake your cookies at 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C, for 13-15 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, in a medium sized mixing bowl, over medium-low speed, beat your cream cheese.
- Add your water and powdered swerve. Increase your speed to high and beat for about 15-30 seconds. Stir in your maple extract.
- Pipe or spread frosting over cooled cookies.
- The cookies will be fine at room temperature (in an airtight container) for 2 days, or if refrigerated for about 5 days.