This Keto Zucchini Noodles & Sausage Lasagna is a low-carb, guilt free, true indulgent recipe! The low-carb layered strips of zucchini noodles are firm, but tender. Despite using zucchini, the lasagna pieces hold together exceptionally well. Incorporating sausage into the meat sauce adds a more flavorful and unique result. With the texture of the ricotta cheese and plenty of Swiss cheese for topping, there’s a ton of creaminess and flavor. This lasagna tastes just as amazing as carb-heavy lasagna, but without the fatigue and bloat!
To make this lasagna, you will follow very simple steps. While baking your zucchini slices, you’ll make your meat sauce.
Once ready, it’s just a matter of assembly!
- You’ll add zucchini to your casserole dish.
- You’ll add half of your ricotta cheese.
- You’ll add half of your meat sauce.
- You’ll repeat steps 1 – 3, by adding the rest of your zucchini, the rest of your ricotta, and the rest of your meat sauce.
- You’ll top with plenty of Swiss cheese!
- You’ll bake for a very short period of time, then broil for a crispy topping.
This lasagna was so amazing that it’s hard to believe this is my “diet food”. I know keto is a lifestyle, but it’s funny to consider that these are the foods I’ve eaten to lose weight!
Keto Zucchini Noodles & Sausage Lasagna
- 8 oz Sausage
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce by Rao's
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 medium Zucchini
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese (Made with Whole Milk)
- 2 cups Swiss Cheese
- Parsley Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Using a mandoline, slice zucchini lengthwise into very thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. Place zucchini on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with salt (in order to remove moisture).
- Bake zucchini for about 15 minutes, until tender. Once cooked, set aside.
- Increase your oven temperature to 375 degrees F, 190 degrees C.
- While zucchini is baking, begin to make meat sauce. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, add your chopped onion. After a couple of minutes, add your sausage and begin to break it down.
- Once sausage is cooked, reduce your heat to medium-low. Add your Rao's sauce, and all of your spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, parsley, italian seasoning, red pepper and garlic powder. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 in. casserole dish, begin to layer your lasagna. First, place half of your zucchini slices on the bottom. Next, add half of your ricotta evenly across the zucchini. Then add half of your meat sauce.
- Repeat: add the rest of your zucchini, the rest of your ricotta, and the rest of your meat sauce. Top lasagna with all of the Swiss cheese.
- Bake the lasagna for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F, 190 degrees C. Once baked, broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Optionally, garnish with parsley. Enjoy!!