This Keto Air Fryer Chicken Bites with BBQ Sauce & Creamed Spinach recipe comes with many layers of flavor! The air fryer seasoned chicken bites are wrapped in crispy bacon. Cooked in the air fryer, the chicken remains very tender. The sweet and spicy BBQ dip complements the chicken incredibly well. The BBQ sauce includes Swerve, along with hot sauce for a perfect pairing. The creamed spinach is flavorful, with great fats, such as cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and grated parmesan. To really set the creamed spinach over the top, it’s topped with everyone’s favorite, bacon.
MACROS FOR CHICKEN BITES & CREAMED SPINACH
The macros for this Keto Air Fryer Chicken Bites with BBQ Sauce & Creamed Spinach recipe are pretty spot on! For 1/3 of the servings, there is 74.3% fat, 22% protein, and just 3.7% carbs. Overall, each serving results in 4 net carbs, 40 grams of fat, 27 grams of protein, and 512 calories. I think these are pretty great macros for lunch, or even dinner!
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CHICKEN BITES & CREAMED SPINACH
To make this recipe, you will need the following:
- Air Fryer – I personally own the below air fryer and have been very happy with it!
- Tongs – for removing your cooked chicken bites.
- Measuring Spoon (Tsp & Tbsp) – to measure your spices and cheese. *Will also need for creamed spinach.
- Skillet – to cook your creamed spinach.
- Spatula – to cook your creamed spinach.
- Measuring Cup (1/2 cup) – to measure your creamed spinach ingredients.
- Food Scale – to measure your cream cheese. I love this scale as it’s 100% battery free!
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Bites with BBQ Sauce & Creamed Spinach
- 2 medium Chicken Thighs, cut into 18 pieces *About 1 inch per piece
- 6 slices Bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 tbsp G Hughes Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Swerve Confectioners (powdered)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Hot Sauce *I used Louisiana
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Dash of Cayenne
- 1 bag Frozen Spinach (1 12 oz Bag)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Season your chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut into 18 pieces, about 1 inch per piece. Cut your bacon into thirds, equaling 18 total pieces. Wrap each slice of bacon around each chicken piece.
- Place chicken in your air fryer and cook at 390 degrees F, 199 degrees C for 10-12 minutes. Be sure to check the chicken with a meat thermometer, to ensure it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C, to confirm it's fully cooked. If necessary, cook longer, if you need your bacon to be crispier! Serve immediately, while still warm!
- While chicken bites are still cooking, begin to make creamed spinach. Cook your bacon in a skillet, over medium-high heat. Then, to the bacon grease, add your frozen spinach. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally, until spinach is fully cooked.
- Add your heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Once done simmering, cut your bacon into bite size pieces and garnish your creamed spinach with your bacon. Serve immediately, while still warm!
- In a small mixing bowl, or ramekin, add your G Hughes BBQ sauce, swerve, hot sauce, cayenne, and onion powder. Mix until completely combined.