This Keto Chicken Parmesan (Air Fryer) recipe might look like it’ll take a while to make, but it doesn’t! After preparation time, the full cook time is only 23-25 minutes. With the chicken cooked in the air fyer, it ends up with a crispy and delicious coating. There’s plenty of marinara and melted mozzarella cheese on top, but you’ll still get the crisp of the chicken. My husband was convinced this recipe had to have a lot of carbs, but it’s definitely keto, with just 4 net carbs per serving.
Process for Making Keto Chicken Parmesan
To begin the process, you’ll create your egg wash combination and then your pork rind and grated parmesan mixture.
After dipping the chicken thighs in the egg wash and then the pork rind breading, you’ll air fry the chicken.
Once air fried, you will simply top your chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and broil for a few minutes.
It’s as simple as that!
To go along with this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe, I’d recommend serving zucchini noodles. I opted for frozen Veggie Spirals (zucchini), from the store. You can of course make your own, but this will save plenty of time! You’ll just want to make sure you get all of the water drained and removed from the zucchini, before seasoning and serving. If you’d prefer not to serve with zucchini, you can use low carb noodles instead. However, please note that the nutrition information below is taking into account zucchini being involved.
I hope you enjoy this Keto Chicken Parmesan (Air Fryer) recipe!
Keto Chicken Parmesan (Air Fryer)
- 4 large Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Parsley Flakes - Optional
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
Pork Rind Breading
- 2 oz Pork Rinds (Original, Fried Pork Skins)
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 bags Frozen Zucchini Veggie Spirals (24 oz total)
- Salt & Pepper - to Taste
- Microwave your zucchini noodles, according to package's instructions. Drain your cooked noodles in a colander. Season with salt and allow the noodles to sit for about 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels after 15 minutes.
- Season your noodles with black pepper, to taste.
- Set your oven to Broil.
- In a medium sized bowl, create your egg wash, by combining your egg and water. Mix with fork until combined.
- Place your pork rinds in a large ziplog bag. Crush your pork rinds, with a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, etc. In a medium sized bowl, add your pork rinds. Next, add your parmesan cheese and all seasonings: italian, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spray your air fryer with olive oil cooking spray. (Recommend using at least a 3.5 liter air fryer.)
- Dip each chicken thigh in the egg wash (using right hand) and then in the pork rinds mixture (using left hand). Add chicken to air fryer. (You'll want to ensure there's no overlap and adequate spacing, so if you don't have enough spacing, you'll want to cook in 2 batches.) Cook at 395 degrees F, 202 degrees C, for 20 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked (has reached temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C), place on baking sheet, lined with silicone mat.
- Top your chicken with all of your Rao's Marinara sauce, evenly distributed across each chicken thigh. Then, top each chicken thigh with all of your Mozzarella cheese.
- Broil your chicken for 2-3 minutes. Serve over your zucchini noodles. Optionally: top chicken with parsley flakes. Enjoy!