It’s hard to imagine that a recipe with honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and ‘potatoes’ can actually be keto. However, this Keto Honey Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs & ‘Potatoes’ recipe is absolutely very low-carb and healthy! Cooked in the instant pot, the pork ribs are juicy and melt in your mouth tender. The honey mustard sauce provides a bit of a tangy flavor, while the BBQ sweetens the ribs. Overall, the ribs are very sweet and savory. To really have a hearty meal, they are paired with mashed ‘potatoes’ (cauliflower). The ‘potatoes’ are cheesy and creamy. They’re fluffy enough to remind you of authentic potatoes, but obviously a vegetable! (I tend to have to remind myself after eating that I did eat vegetables, even though it never feels like it!)
Tools to Make Keto Honey Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs & ‘Potatoes’
To make this recipe, you will need the following items:
- Pork Ribs:
- Instant Pot – 6 quart preferably
- Ziplog Bag
- Measuring Spoon & Measuring Cup
- Basting Brush
- Baking Sheet & Silicone Mat (or parchment paper)
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
- Large sized bowl
- Hand (Immersion) Blender
- Measuring Spoon
- Pork Ribs:
I use these specific products often, all of which I’ve purchased via the links below:
Macros for Keto Honey Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs & ‘Potatoes’
The nutrition information for this recipe is below. Based on 5 servings, this recipe contains 75.9% fat, 20.9% protein, and just 3.2% carbs.
Another Pork Ribs Recipe
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Honey Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs & 'Potatoes'
- 1.35 lbs Boneless Pork Country Style Ribs
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup G Hughes Sugar Free Honey Mustard
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup G Hughes Hickory Flavored BBQ Sauce
Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes:
- 3 cups Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- Add your ribs to a large (quart sized) ziploc bag. Next, add all of your spices: salt, pepper, onion powder, italian seasoning, and cayenne. Close and shake bag until ribs are evenly coated with the spices.
- Add your apple cider vinegar and olive oil to the ziploc bag. Finally, add your honey mustard. Massage bag/flip and ensure each rib is coated. Let the mixture marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water to your instant pot. Place pork ribs on top of trivet.
- Set for 15 minutes of High pressure (meat) cooking. Allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release (NPR); manually release remaining steam.
- Make sure your meat reaches a safe temperature of 145 degrees F, 63 degrees C, before consuming.
- Once pork ribs are done cooking, place them on a baking sheet, lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a basting brush, apply your BBQ sauce to the top and sides of the pork ribs.
- Broil the pork ribs for 3 minutes in the oven.
Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes
- In a large bowl, microwave your frozen cauliflower, per the package's instructions. Drain water as necessary. Add your spices: salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add your butter, sour cream, and cream cheese. Microwave another 30 seconds - 1 minute. Mix together.
- Begin to blend the potatoes, via the highest setting. Add xantham gum about halfway through, continuing to blend until smooth and fluffy.
Nutrition Per Serving