This Keto Coconut Shrimp Chowder with Broccoli is so comforting! The chowder is very creamy and cheesy, with an obvious coconut shrimp flavoring. The chowder has sweet undertones from the coconut cream, with savory cream cheese and mozzarella to add balance. Despite this chowder being so hearty, with broccoli, of course it’s healthy! Overall, this recipe makes a perfect lunch or dinner, for either winter or spring. I hope that you’re able to make it soon.
Macros for Keto Coconut Shrimp Chowder with Broccoli
The nutrition information for this recipe is below. More specifically, this recipe includes 76.4% fat, 19.4% protein, and 4.2% carbs. I tend to bounce between 70 – 75% fat, so these are pretty perfect macros for the keto lifestyle!
Overall Macros for the Day
Along with eating this meal, for breakfast I enjoyed spinach, egg, and goat cheese muffins. Overall, my daily macros included 22 total carbs, 6 grams of fiber, 114 grams of fat, 87 grams of protein, and 1,448 calories. This puts me at a total of 71% fat, 24% protein, and 5% carbs. These are pretty solid macros overall! (I do tend to go a tiny bit higher on protein intake, due to the resistance training I do.) If you’re confused about protein, be sure to check out this article – https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes
I hope that you enjoy this recipe!
If you love this chowder, be sure to check out this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/12/02/keto-one-pot-salmon-chowder/
Keto Coconut Shrimp Chowder with Broccoli
- 12 oz Small Shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 cups Coconut Cream (Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1 cup Broccoli (I used frozen, but fresh is also okay)
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Fresh Parsley - Garnishment Optional
- Spray your 5.5 qt dutch oven (or large saucepan) with olive oil cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook your shrimp, until pink. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside.
- Create your chowder base, by adding your bone broth, heavy whipping cream, and coconut cream to your saucepan. Add all spices, then stir: salt, lemon pepper, oregano, red pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Next, add your coconut extract and broccoli. Add your xantham gum. Stir. Reduce heat to medium-low. Allow chowder to simmer for 10 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add your mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Let chowder simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked shrimp, allowing another 5 minutes of simmering.
- Serve chowder, garnished with fresh parsley. Enjoy!