This Keto One-Pot Salmon & Broccoli Chowder is so hearty and rich! The chowder includes butter, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and sour cream, for a truly creamy chowder. Despite these fats, it’s also packed with salmon, to provide great Omega-3 benefits. Despite the comforting aspects, there is a bit of riced broccoli to ensure this is a well balanced meal. Overall, the flavors pair well together and this results in a very hearty and comforting chowder!
Tools You’ll Need to Make this Chowder
This Keto One-Pot Salmon & Broccoli Chowder is so easy to make! In fact, you will only need to use a dutch oven. If you don’t have a dutch oven, feel free to use a soup pot. Otherwise, you’ll require very few kitchen gadgets to create this chowder. You can find specifics below.
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup & Measuring Spoons
- Dutch Oven & Spoon
(I personally love this dutch oven – Lodge 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Classic Red Enamel Dutch Oven (Island Spice Red))
That is it! This chowder is really that simple (and quick) to make!
Macros for Salmon & Broccoli Chowder
This hearty soup will feed 8 total people. Per each serving, there is 60.8% fat, 38% protein, and 1.1% carbs. I think this will make the perfect lunch for you and your family. Otherwise, this could also be a great make ahead meal. You could even freeze this chowder, in order to have a quick meal to prepare, when needed.
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this chowder, I’d recommend you try this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/04/23/keto-coconut-shrimp-chowder-with-broccoli/
Keto One-Pot Salmon & Broccoli Chowder
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 large Wild Salmon Fillets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large Jalapeno, sliced
- 3 cups Frozen Riced Broccoli (I used Green Giant brand)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 8 tbsp Sour Cream
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Fresh Rosemary - Garnishment Optional
- In a dutch oven, or soup pot, melt half your butter over medium-high heat. Add salmon cubes. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with half the total amount of salt and lemon pepper.
- Cook salmon for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked completely. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add your remaining butter, sliced jalapeno, and riced broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bone broth and heavy whipping cream. Add remaining spices: salt, lemon pepper, dill and onion powder.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted and combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer chowder for 25 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Add salmon cubes back to dutch oven; simmer for about 5 minutes, until heated through. Garnish with rosemary. Serve and enjoy!