This Keto Creamy Zucchini & Sausage Casserole is hearty and meaty, with tenderly cooked vegetables! The topping of feta adds a bold flavor, while gooey parmesan is mixed throughout. Marinara sauce is included, providing hints of a hearty and low-carb pasta dish. Between the sausage, spices, and cheese, this dish is very flavorful and creamy. Overall, I am sure you’ll love this dish!
Preparation of Zucchini & Sausage Casserole
This Keto Creamy Zucchini & Sausage Casserole is also really easy to make! Firstly, you will cook your zucchini, shallots, and garlic in butter. Secondly, you’ll cook your sausage, adding Rao’s marinara sauce, spices, parmesan, and sour cream. Then, you’ll simply combine both layers together. You’ll top with additional parmesan cheese and feta cheese. It’s really that simple and quick to make! With wonderful flavors and great cheese pulls, no one will believe how quick it took you to make this recipe!
Macros for Casserole
Am I the only one obsessed with cheese pulls? They are pretty mesmerizing to watch! Above all, they’re sure to alert you to a food being gooey, creamy, and filling! In true keto fashion, this casserole is definitely filling. With 5 total servings, each serving results in 77.4% fat, 19.1% protein, and 3.6% carbs.
Fortunately, the carbs remain very low in this dish! Zucchini actually has a very low GI. It’s also bursting with healthy nutrients, such as copper, manganese, Vitamin C, and magnesium! http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=62
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this recipe, I’d strongly recommend that you make this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/03/25/keto-zucchini-noodles-sausage-lasagna/
Keto Creamy Zucchini & Sausage Casserole
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 medium Shallot, minced
- 2 medium Zucchini, sliced thin & cut in half circles
- 2 medium Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 16 oz Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce by Rao's
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Sage
- 1 tsp Parlsey Flakes
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- Fresh Parsley & Red Pepper Flakes Garnishment - Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, over medium heat. Add shallot and zucchini half circles. Cook until zucchini is tender, which should take about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add zucchini combination to a 9 x 13 in casserole dish, sprayed with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, cook sausage, until brown and crumbled, using a wooden spoon to break up meat.
- Once meat is fully cooked, add Rao's sauce and sour cream. Mix together until combined.
- Add all spices/seasonings to meat sauce: salt, pepper, garlic, sage, and parsley. Stir in half of parmesan cheese.
- Add layer of meat sauce to casserole dish, on top of existing zucchini layer.
- Top casserole with remaining parmesan cheese and feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!