These Keto Egg Loaf Maple Coconut Muffins are so light! With their airy texture, they will definitely melt in your mouth. These muffins are also very creamy, with a bit of coconut flakes involved for texture. This is one of my quickest and easiest to make keto breakfast recipes. They’ll be a perfect start to your weekend!
Keto Egg Loaf
I am not sure who invented the keto egg loaf recipe, or I’d be sure to give them credit. Generally speaking, a keto egg loaf involves 1 egg, 1 oz of cream cheese, 1 tbsp of butter, and sweetener of choice. That is it! Following a typical egg loaf recipe, I was insure to include eggs, butter and cream cheese. However, to make this recipe my own, I focused on making muffins and I also included coconut, syrup, and a couple of extracts.
Preparation of Maple Coconut Muffins
To prepare these muffins, I used a large silicone muffin pan. See link below for exactly what I used. You don’t have to use this exact muffin pan, but if you use something different, your cook time might vary. Overall, I’d suggest sticking with the same serving sizes per this recipe, so that your nutrition information is correct.
Macros for Keto Egg Loaf Maple Coconut Muffins
This is a true keto powerhouse meal! Per serving, there is a whopping 86.9% fat. Also, there is only 10.8% protein and 2.3% carbs.
Similar Recipes – Coconut Pancakes
My husband was convinced that these muffins reminded him of McGriddles with syrup. Perhaps it was the egg and syrup flavoring! Either way, we agreed that they are similar in texture to another recipe I have provided. For instance, you can check out this recipe, if you love these muffins as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/01/12/keto-coconut-oven-baked-pancakes/
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Egg Loaf Maple Coconut Muffins
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/8 cup Sugar Free Syrup
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 4 tbsp Swerve Confectioners (Powdered)
- 1 tsp Maple Extract
- 1 tsp Cake Batter Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients: eggs, butter, cream cheese, syrup, coconut flakes, swerve, maple extract, cake batter extract, and a pinch of salt. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed from low to high.
- Blend for about 30 seconds total, or longer as necessary, until mixture is smooth.
- Pour your blended mixture into a large muffin silicone mold (to make 4 total muffins), with a cookie sheet placed underneath (for stability).
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and not jiggly. (Note as the muffins cool, they will deflate.)
- Feel free to serve with extra butter and syrup. (Not included in nutrition information below.) Enjoy!