This Keto/AIP (Air Fryer) Bacon Wrapped Salmon recipe should easily become one of your new favorite ways to prepare salmon! Cooked in the air fryer, the salmon has a crispy skin, while the bacon is also crispy. The salmon is tender and juicy, with a fresh garnishment of flavorful rosemary. Blending wild caught salmon with salty bacon makes this a delightful (and comforting) meal! Below many lifestyle approaches for this meal are summarized, based on any special dietary needs.
Carnivore Approach – Bacon Wrapped Salmon
If you would like to eat this meal per the carnivore approach, you will likely wish to exclude the olive oil. However, I know that some carnivore keto approaches tolerate olive oil, so it depends on your preferences. An easy substitute is of course butter! I would also suggest you make this meal into 2 servings if following the carnivore approach. Thus, with 2 servings, each serving would result in 0 carbs, 0 fiber, 44 grams of fat, 54 grams of protein, and 640 calories.
AIP Approach – Bacon Wrapped Salmon
Everything within this recipe is autoimmune (AIP) and keto friendly. I did not season the salmon with black pepper, largely due to it being AIP. If you are simply keto, feel free to use black pepper. Following AIP, feel free to include sides as well, but not with ingredients such as dairy, etc. For instance, this coconut rice is a great option. The cauliflower rice includes bacon, coconut cream, coconut extract, lemon juice, and seasoning – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/08/29/coconut-salmon-rice-keto-aip/#wprm-recipe-container-8077
Keto Approach – Bacon Wrapped Salmon
If you are following standard keto, feel free to include some additional sides! Cauliflower mashed potatoes would be a great side to go with this dish. Here is a great mashed potatoes recipe (including dairy) – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/01/18/keto-braised-pork-chops-mashed-potatoes-and-gravy/#wprm-recipe-container-5393
Hope you enjoy this Keto/AIP (Air Fryer) Bacon Wrapped Salmon!
*I would love to hear from you if you are following carnivore, AIP, or another version of keto! Let me know in the comments below.
Keto/AIP (Air Fryer) Bacon Wrapped Salmon
- 4 frozen Salmon Fillets (Wild Alaskan Sockeye)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (or 1 tbsp unsalted butter, if carnivore)
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (ok if not AIP)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Rosemary - to garnish (not if carnivore)
- Add your frozen salmon to a large bowl. Next, drizzle olive oil over the salmon. Season the salmon with salt, garlic, (optionally black pepper).
- Wrap each salmon fillet with 2 pieces of bacon.
- Place salmon fillets in air fryer basket. Ensure there is a bit of spacing between the salmon - at least so they aren't overlapping or stacked.
- Set air fryer to 380 degrees F, 193 degrees C and cook for 15 minutes. Flip the salmon after 15 minutes and cook for another 2-4 minutes (for the bacon to finish cooking).
- Ensure salmon has cooked to a temperature fo 145 degrees F, 63 degrees C, before serving.
- Garnish with rosemary. Serve and enjoy!